Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Serving much of Northern Virginia, Fauquier Health offers a variety of therapy and rehabilitation services that are tailored to our patient’s specific needs.
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation services include physical and occupational therapy, as well as speech-language pathology services for all ages. The primary goal is to return patients to an active, healthy lifestyle.
Services we provide:
- Outpatient services to adult and pediatric patients
- Aquatic therapy for adult and pediatric patients
- Women's health/pelvic floor therapy services
- Dry needling therapy
Our licensed professionals provide a variety of recovery and rehabilitation services across the health system, for inpatients and outpatients of all ages. After medical procedures that require rehabilitation, our therapists help by: controlling pain and swelling, beginning the recovery process, assessing patient needs, and beginning the manual techniques and exercises that help achieve mobility goals.
What do physical therapists do?
- Physical therapists (PTs) help people with a range of injury and illness related problems, such as orthopedic conditions, bone and tissue injuries, neurological conditions, workplace injury, and heart and circulatory conditions. PTs can also work with individuals to prevent loss of mobility by developing fitness and wellness programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
What do occupational therapists do?
- Occupational therapists (OTs) assist people in developing the skills they need to function independently in their daily lives with a customized treatment program based on each patient’s goals and abilities. This sometimes includes a home and job site evaluation, performance skills assessments and treatment, adaptive equipment, and training for caregivers.
What do speech-language therapists do?
- Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) work with the full range of human communication disorders in individuals of all ages. They evaluate, diagnose and treat speech, language, voice, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders.
Often individuals can benefit from assistance from two or even all three types of therapists. When this happens, a unified treatment plan is developed by the therapy team.
Our Physical Therapy and Rehab Locations
Fauquier Health Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
(For outpatient pediatric, adult and women's care/pelvic floor therapy services)
253 Veterans Drive, Suite 100 Warrenton, Virginia
Fauquier Health Pediatric Rehabilitation
(For outpatient pediatric services only)
7915 Lake Manassas Drive Gainesville, Virginia
Fauquier Health Wellness Center
(adult physical therapy only)
Learn more about the Fauquier Health Wellness Center
419 Holiday Court, Suite 200 Warrenton, Virginia