Here at the Fauquier Health Wound Healing Center, we understand that safety of our patients is essential. Our patients should not delay seeking care for wounds that are difficult to heal. That is why we have created this easy process for patients to have a successful telehealth call. The below physician listing shows which Wound Healing Center physicians offer telehealth options. If you are scheduled for a telehealth visit, you will recieve an access link via email prior to your visit.
Learn more about our telehealth providers:
- Dr. Jeffrey Abrams
- Dr. Joseph Brown
- Dr. Joseph David
- Dr. Steven Goldstein
- Dr. Tam Ly
- Dr. Lynn Samuel
Getting Connected Through Telehealth
The below step-by-step process will walk you through best tips and practices for conducting a telehealth visit with your provider.
- For insurance purposes and compliance, please notify your care team if Home Health is visiting on the same day as your telehealth call.
- We recommend you have a care partner with you during the visit.
- Set up in a well-lit area.
- If you have a measuring device for length x width, that would be helpful, but not necessary.
- If you have the means to check blood pressure, pulse, temp and accucheck (or any of them) before the visit, that would also be useful to your care team.
- Wash your hands and don gloves (if you have gloves).
- Remove your dressing prior to the visit.
- Have your dressing supplies nearby to cover your wound when the visit is complete.
- Make sure you have your next appointment schedule before ending the virtual appointment.
Questions? Contact the Wound Healing Center at 540.316.HEAL.