Exercise is one of the best ways to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Establishing a regular exercise schedule helps to reduce risk for heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, and more.
As a medical fitness facility, the Wellness Center staff members includes qualified exercise physiologists. These exercise physiologists can conduct assessments for members, offer personal training, teach group classes and help set goals for members to achieve their optimal health.
Gym Member Services
- Personal Training. Personal training is a one-on-one experience with one of our exercise physiologists. A personalized exercise plan will be created to enable members to reach their fitness levels and goals. Personal training is designed to keep members motivated while they explore fitness routines that are dynamic and fun.
- Group Classes. The Wellness Center offers a wide variety of group classes taught by exercise physiologists or certified exercise instructors who motivate and inspire. The classes range from mind/body exercises, such as yoga, to high intensity workouts that are cardio challenging, such as spin class. For a complete description of all classes, click here.
- Motivational Challenges. Through the year, the Wellness Center will offer special programs like the Resolution Solution program, or the Maintain, Don’t Gain promotion. These special challenges encourage members to outline a short-term plan to step up their exercise game. These challenges help members to reach a weight loss goal, work on strength training, and rediscover personal motivation.
For the most up-to-date special offers, group classes and challenges download a copy of the monthly newsletter, found here.
Medical Exercise Programs
- Phase III - Rehabilitation Graduates. Recent graduates of Fauquier Health based rehabilitation programs are entitled to one month free (per lifetime benefit) at the Wellness Center. Included in this benefit is an orientation by one of the exercise physiologists, and unlimited visits or group exercise programs.
- Fit First Program - Joint Replacement Preparation. This program is designed by physical therapists and exercise physiologists to prepare patients for surgery. This program includes a gym membership and two personal training sessions with an exercise physiologist to monitor progression and maintain accountability. The ultimate goal is to increase mobility and decrease discomfort.
- Move It Program. The Move It Program is specifically designed for those who are following a clinically controlled diet and are seeking to lose weight. This program includes personal training with one of our exercise physiologists to create a unique action plan that will encourage accountability and motivation.
Questions? Contact the Wellness Center front desk at 540.316.2640.