Weight loss surgery has been shown to have a dramatic effect in improving certain illnesses such as hypertension, type II diabetes (adult onset), sleep apnea, high cholesterol/lipids, respiratory compromise, and cardiac disease.
To be eligible for Fauquier Health’s Surgical Weight Loss Program, patients must meet the following criteria:
- BMI of 40 or greater
- BMI of 35 or greater with a medically treated co-morbidity such as hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea
- Failure of other dietary measures (medications, weight loss programs, etc.)
- Acceptable surgical risk
- Ability to understand lifestyle changes and motivation to comply with program guidelines
- Absence of medical/psychological contraindications
- Nicotine and drug free lifestyle
For more details on billing and payments, go to: The Billing Process: What You Need to Know.