Our licensed Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech-Language Pathologists provide comprehensive rehabilitation services to children at two child-friendly locations. Some children need therapy services to achieve their full functional potential at home, at school and in their community.
Who Can Benefit?
Children can benefit from therapy if they have:
- Birth defects or birth injuries
- Neurological, musculoskeletal or rheumatologic conditions
- Orthopedic conditions, either from injury or congenitally
- Developmental delays
- Acute traumas
- Surgical recovery needs
- Chronic diseases (such as sickle cell, heart or kidney diseases)
A Team Approach
Children receive care from multidisciplinary teams that evaluate their functional abilities and develop individualized treatment plan to help maximize independence and quality of life. Team members use a variety of techniques and technologies to:
- Support growth and development
- Prevent future complications and impairments
- Relieve pain
- Improve cognitive abilities
- Improve strength, coordination, range-of-motion and tine motor skills
- Relax muscles
- Develop self-care skills
- Enhance speech and language skills
- Address swallowing and feeding problems
- Teach the correct use of wheelchairs, braces and other assistive devices
Short- and Long-Term Therapy
Therapists use fun, age-appropriate activities to help kids develop key coordination, motor and hand-eye abilities and verbal skills. The gains that children make during rehabilitation therapy often help them to perform at or closer to age level and improve their self-confidence and self-esteem.
Warm Water Therapy
Fauquier Health Rehablitation & Nursing Center (adjacent to Fauquier Hospital) houses the only indoor rehabilitative pool in the area. This highly effective warm-water therapy program draws patients from all over the Northern Virginia area. Our pool features easy-entry stairs and a hydraulic lift for wheelchair-bound patients.
Download intake forms here: pediatric intake form.
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation locations providing pediatric rehab services are:
Medical Office Building
253 Veterans Drive, Suite 100
7915 Lake Manassas Drive
(aquatic therapy only)
Fauquier Health Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
360 Hospital Drive
For more information, call 540-316-2680.